The Silent Auction, which featured an extensive array of donations from Wallingford businesses, raised over $1,200 for the Chamber to continue its increasingly involved work in the community.
The Awards, a bit different this year, were given out after a brief year’s wrapup from the outgoing President.. These awards were presented:
- Best New Business – WallyPets, our delightful natural pet supply shop
- Best Non-Profit – Solid Ground, for its Pirates & Pipsqueaks summer fundraising event
- Best Family-run Business – Harold’s Lamps, one of the oldest and dearest in Wallingford
- President’s Award/Local Hero – Alex Strazzanti of Oasis Art Gallery, for his work & as a founder on the Art Walk all of its first 3 years
- President’s Award/Local Heroes – the 2010 Chamber Board ( Colleen Kurke of Cutz Salon, Debbi Larson of Seattle Bank, Greg Martin of School of Oom Yung Doe, Adriana Medina of Fuerte Fitness ) for their enthusiasm, energy and ability to Get Things Done!
The Members’ Choice Awards will be presented at the first Chamber Lunch of 2011, on January 20.
Roses were given as a special thanks to three active Wallingford Women – Diana Aurigemma, Janet Stillman and Carol Meyer.
An unexpected and appreciated award was presented to the almost 5-year president, Kara Ceriello, by the Board, a beautiful recycled glass specially etched award, for her years of hard work and support of the businesses of Wallingford.
Incoming Board members were introduced: Judy Ayers of 4 Your Eyes Only, Laura Cruikshank of WWISH, Stephen Fickenscher of ASF Insurance and Financial Services, Ruth Herold of Changes Parent Support Network, Carol Meyer of ADT, Wendy Morales of Blue Star Pub, and Tara Shuttleworth They begin work on January 1st. And happy birthday to new Board member Ruth, who attended on her birthday!