The Wallingford Neighborhood Association is home to the Wallingford Chamber of Commerce, the Wallingford Community Council and The Wallingford Neighborhood Office.
The Wallingford Neighborhood Association is seeking an Executive Director with strong ties to Wallingford and a commitment to improving it. The position includes general administrative work, fundraising, bookkeeping, budgeting, grant writing, event management and volunteer coordination, all in the storefront environment of the Wallingford Neighborhood Office.
Candidates must be able to work cooperatively with a volunteer board of trustees and with a variety of representatives from neighborhood organizations that make up The Wallingford Neighborhood Association. The optimal candidate resides in Wallingford and holds a strong, demonstrated commitment to improving the Wallingford neighborhood and realization of our neighborhood plan.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain and staff The Neighborhood Office at regular (but negotiable) hours
- Ensure smooth operation of office and activities of WNA including staff scheduling, sound office organization and procedures.
- Help recruit and develop a network of volunteers and help lead them in creating and implementing Community Events
- that bring together businesses and residents in Wallingford
- Seek out opportunities to leverage staff impact with interns and volunteers from local institutions (UW, SPU, Seattle
- Works, etc.)
- Maintain a fundraising strategy and assist in obtaining funding in accordance with WNA policies. Assist with fundraising
- and membership campaigns for the three organizations that share the office.
- Act as one of the primary spokespersons for Wallingford on a day-to-day basis.
- Represent Wallingford in governmental and business organizations.
- Implement directives of the Board of Trustees using volunteers and resources of the Neighborhood Office; attend and report on board meetings.
- Present an annual budget to the Board for approval.
- Provide office support as required to the Community Council.
- Write and distribute the Wallingford Enews, using Constant Contact or a similar html email application, twice monthly.
- Accomplish all bookkeeping duties the Neighborhood Office. Must know QuickBooks
- Help maintain website.
- Administer new community-shared volunteer database (opportunities, individuals, contacts, etc.)
- Actively maintain comprehensive community calendar
Required computer skills:
- Microsoft Word
- QuickBooks entry and reports
- Experience with Constant Contact and website maintenance a plus
Location: Wallingford Neighborhood Office
2100-A N 45th St., Seattle WA 98103
Hours: not less than 20 hrs. a week, office hours negotiable
Salary: $880 per month
Position includes: Paid vacation and sick leave
Note this salaried position has potential for growth; we are looking for a solid community leader who can help build a robust and sustainable organization.
Visit www.wallingford.org for more information on how to apply.