Welcome to the March 2011 Chamber Luncheon!
Thanks to Chutneys for hosting today!
Guest and new members: “Welcome”
- Mark your calendars and check out the Chamber website www.wallingfordchamber.org for updated info on what’s happening in Wallingford! Also, become a Fan of the Chamber on Facebook!
- Mindful News: The new Chamber Newsletter (Victoria)
- Survey taken in December: Results are now on the Chamber
- Tri Chamber Event March 24th at District Lounge Fremont 5 – 7 Fremont-University- Wallingford?
- Art Walk April 6th 6-9PM. Announcing the new Mural on the side of the Bottleworks building! (Tara Shuttleworth)
- April 16th 10AM-1PM, Second year of “Operation Beautification Wallingford” Spring clean with Boys &Girls club and WNO Chair Greg Martin We need volunteers!
- “Cheers to Wallingford” April 21st 4-7PM at Wine World (Debbie or Daniela)
- “Earth Day” April 23rd (Cathy Tuttle)
- Ice Cream Social April 29th WCSC 50’s Themed Fundraiser for WCC and WCSC
- Flowers baskets and planted flowers on 45th and Stone
- Not opened to the public Time for Wallingford Organizations to mingle and network. Prize for the best 50’s outfit! Fonzie? Bobbie socks? Poodle skirts?
- Farmer’s Market Update (Karen Selander)
1) Jeff Lindstrom, Broker & Founder, Health Insurance Team Presentation
How a small business can navigate through the increasingly complex world of purchasing health insurance:
- How does as small business qualify to purchase a “Group” health insurance plan?
- What options are there in Washington?
- How are health insurance rates determined and how can you minimize that cost?
- What are “Trust” and “Association” health insurance plans and why can their rates be far better?
- What are the government subsidies available to small business and how does one qualify?
2) Mary Heim and Mark Howard from the City’s Office of Emergency Management Presentation: Earthquake Emergency Preparedness
- Donations for Japan